Learn how to take better photos of Cartagena from a photojournalist with pedigree that wants to help budding photographers on a very special tour of the city, the Cartagena Photo Tour and Workshop.
Joaquin Sarmiento has shot world leaders at some of Cartagena's most important international events for the likes of Reuters, AFP and Colombian media, but he takes most of his best photos on Cartagena's streets, relying on a keen eye for texture, sublime architecture and a special rapport with the locals that bring Cartagena to life every day.
Sarmiento's photographic cross-section of Cartagena is more about connecting with the city and its population than snapping away wildly.
This 4-hour life-changing experience takes you through the most photogenic corners of Cartagena from Getsemaní, La Matuna, San Diego to the Old City Walls at sunset.
USD$80 per person
WHO WILL ENJOY IT?
Anyone who wants to see and understand the city in a different light. Beginners and experts welcome.
* A useful map and helpful photography clues
* Creative photography workshop
* A bottle of water and a cold beer
* Cultural and historic insights as you go
WHAT TO BRING:
* A camera, comfortable clothes. COP$10,000 (USD$5.50) to buy something from the fruit-laden Palenqueras if you are after the classic Cartagena image. They don't call it the money shot for nothing.